Counseling and Career Center
The Gibson Technical Center Career and Counseling Center is available to all students enrolled at GTC as a resource for educational and career information. A career library and internet-connected computers are available for student, parent, and staff use. Information is available on various subjects such as aptitude inventories, career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, job search skills, military service planning, post-secondary education, and financial aid planning and scholarship application information.
In addition to career counseling, the School Counselor assists students with resources and instruction that will promote the development of the skills necessary to understand and cope with social, behavioral, and personal problems. Acquiring positive life skills is vital to personal and academic growth, as well as, to the students’ future success as adult workers.
School Counselor’s Role and Responsibilities
- To provide individual educational and career planning services for students.
- To provide resources and instruction in life skills, employability skills, and social skills.
- To provide responsive services as needed for intervention of crisis situations.
- To consult and work with parents, students, staff, and the community.
- To provide referral to appropriate professional or community resources as necessary.
- To sponsor National Technical Honor Society.
- To assist students with post-graduation job placement.
- To provide individual or small group counseling for any concerns the student or students may have.
Mrs. Cindy Thompson, MS, EdS, LPC
School Counselor and Vocational Resource Educator (VRE)
Gibson Technical Center
386 W. Hwy. 76
Reeds Spring, MO 65737
417-272-3271 ext. 1193